Pages

Avoidant Personality

Avoidant Personality

Search This Blog

Friday, February 23, 2018

Divorced life as one with Avoidance

It has been a while since I have written here. A lot happened in the last few months since I wrote. I am divorced now. Its something that I never thought would happen to me.

Why the divorce happen really has little to do with the Avoidance. Sure I made some mistakes and hurt my wife emotionally. But once I found healing from Avpd, most all of that was resolved.

We got divorced because we were just not compatible, which is really really weird. We married because we both loved God and we thought that was enough. Well, it turned out that it was not enough.

How we loved God and wanted to serve him is very very different. My wife is a church person. She grew up in the church and wants to stay in the church.

She wants to go to Church, raise her hands up in the air "like she just dont care", and just be in the local Church. For me, I am different, I see church as a hospital for sick people.

Once you get healing, you go out into the world and work. Work feeding the homeless, clothing the naked and all those other Sheep and the Goats things that God said we should be doing but most of us dont.

So even though we are both Christians, we are still unequally yoked. So we moved on. Moving on is the hardest thing I have ever done. Some days are bad and is very hard to cope. Other days are bearable.

After all, we were married for 15 years but now thats gone. I have moved out and I am alone. Thankfully i have my daughter a week on and a week off. Its not enough, but its as good as it can be.

Life goes on. At least I think it must. I dont do the podcast right now. Its hard to give others hope, when you can find very little for yourself. But in God there is hope. At least that is what I am told and what I hear. So hopefully it is true.

Well, that is enough for today. I will try to start writing in here more. Maybe it will help.

Phillip





This is my log of my issues with living to Avoidant Personality Disorder. My hope is that in writing this, it will help myself and perhaps others that are also struggling with this disorder and others like it. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1tyKSgW-IeaK851gvIjjthije0kOwg3tZxVqKXSC1xXg/viewform I am trying to get more information on this disorder so that we can find commonalities. Perhaps if we can learn more about this, we can figure out how to combat it and get better lives for us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment