Pages

Avoidant Personality

Avoidant Personality

Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Avoidant Group is tomorrow at 7:00 pm MT

Well, tomorrow is the big day. I am starting an on-line group for Avoidants and anyone else with similar issues.

I know there are a lot of us out there around the world. Even though I am a Pastor, I promise not to evangelize.

I only want for us to band together, learn from each other, share our experiences and such. Wednesday nights I call Keeping it Real. I do my best to not pull punches, and to not placate anyone.

I run Keeping it Real every Wednesday night at 7:00 pm MT. I decided to devote 1 Wednesday per month to Avoidants and other similar issues. If there is a good turn out and the interest, we can certainly do this more often than once a month.

I dont want to intimidate anyone. If you are ok with it, I would like for you to come into the Chat room. But you dont have to.

My hope is that others will want to share their experiences, their struggles, and their victories. But please dont feel like you have to. Though I really dont want to listen to myself talk for half an hour.

If you plan on coming to the group, please take a few moments and complete my Avoidant Survey. I will not share any of the information with anyone. This is just for statistical purposes and so that maybe we can learn more what makes us tick.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1tyKSgW-IeaK851gvIjjthije0kOwg3tZxVqKXSC1xXg/viewform

If you come into the chat room, say hi, ask a question, or just listen. You will find the instructions for the group and logging into the chat room on my web site.

If nothing else, its an opportunity for you to see there there are others out there just like you.

You are not alone!!!!


If you are not able to make the group at 7 pm MT, its ok. .You can listen to the recorded version of the group. I will post it here on Thursday.




This is my log of my issues with living to Avoidant Personality Disorder. My hope is that in writing this, it will help myself and perhaps others that are also struggling with this disorder and others like it. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1tyKSgW-IeaK851gvIjjthije0kOwg3tZxVqKXSC1xXg/viewform I am trying to get more information on this disorder so that we can find commonalities. Perhaps if we can learn more about this, we can figure out how to combat it and get better lives for us all.

1 comment:

  1. I am a Christian, a member of the church of Christ. I came across your blog because I myself have Avoidant Personality. I definitely plan on looking into your chat/blog in the future. It is really a great encouragement to people who struggle with this. I say this with all gentleness and due respect, but I noticed you stated you were a "pastor, but you weren't going to evangelize." For one, never discourage from spreading the Gospel for the sake of losing interest in your blog/chat! :-) and two, I thought this link would be useful to explain the difference between a preacher of the Word, and a Pastor/Elder. Look forward to your chat, and when is the next one?

    ReplyDelete